Saturday, January 5, 2008

Iowa Mea Culpa

I wrote in my post on Iowa predictions that "I look forward to seeing how my prognostications stand up to the harsh glare of reality."


The base assumption stated in my prediction was that Mitt's ability to mobilize voters through organization would roughly equate to Huck's ability to mobilize supporters via zeal. I stand by my analysis if this assumption had held.


But we now know that Huck's ability to mobilize zeal in Iowa simply blew away everything else.


Huck deserves congratulations and credit for understanding the mood of Iowa, rallying zealous converts, standing firm through multi-front assaults, and for winning a commanding victory.


I'll write more later on my analysis of this vote and my thoughts on Huckabee's continued electability.


On Principle,

CBass




No comments: